Tiger's Wings
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilAccueil  Dernières imagesDernières images  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment : -45%
WHIRLPOOL OWFC3C26X – Lave-vaisselle pose libre ...
Voir le deal
339 €

Kates over Pearl

+4
fred
Xanathos
Mousse49
Black Widow
8 participants
AuteurMessage
Black Widow

Black Widow

Masculin
Avions ou hélicos préférés ? : P-38, P-40, P-61, B-26, Spitfire, Fw 190, He 111, Ki-45 ....
Aéro ou pinceau ? : Aero

Kates over Pearl Empty
MessageSujet: Kates over Pearl   Kates over Pearl Icon_minitimeDim 11 Mai - 0:35

Salut modellers!

I have noticed that japanese aircrafts are a little underrespresentated in this section. So let's change that! Cool

My first model in 2008 was this Nakajima B5N2, one of my favourite WW 2 bombers, which I built within 6 weeks between December 2007 and January 2008. It's a 5 years old limited edition (No. 09593) from Hasegawas well known 1/48 kit. I mainly used Tamiya colours IJN Grey XF12 and IJN Green XF11. Brown and Red come from Revell No. 87 and No. 37. The only problem I had were the 2 white ribbons around the rear fuselage. They were on the decal sheet but in wrong shape and so too short to wrap around. So I had to airbrush them after the whole model was nearly finished. A bit tricky, but I'm quite satisfied with my work. For that I used IJN Grey from Agama. You can now easily see the difference between Tamiyas and Agamas IJN Grey. I personaly prefer Tamiyas colour, which is more precise for my point of view. The canopy was painted seperatly and the last 2 sections were cut with a resin saw afterwards to match with the picture on the box. bounce As usual for me the kit is built out of the box with no extras and it's also not weathered.

The original aircraft was based on the carrier "Zuikago" and flew in the 2. attack wave. I'm quite sure that the aircraft survived this raid, as the japanese had only little losses during the Pearl Harbour Raid and there are some good pictures in Burindos "Famous Airplanes Of The World" which show the aircraft with empty bomb racks probably on return to its carrier. Hasegawa gives the pilots name with Ensign Kazumasa Kaneda.

Okay, enough of talking, let picutures speak. Hope you enjoy my little walk around. cheers
Black Widow

Kates over Pearl IMG_0636
Kates over Pearl IMG_0638
Kates over Pearl IMG_0639
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Black Widow

Black Widow

Masculin
Avions ou hélicos préférés ? : P-38, P-40, P-61, B-26, Spitfire, Fw 190, He 111, Ki-45 ....

Kates over Pearl Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Kates over Pearl   Kates over Pearl Icon_minitimeDim 11 Mai - 0:37

.... you want some more pictures? Okay, here we go! bounce bounce

Kates over Pearl IMG_0642
Kates over Pearl IMG_0644
Kates over Pearl IMG_0646
Black Widow

Black Widow

Masculin

Kates over Pearl Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Kates over Pearl   Kates over Pearl Icon_minitimeDim 11 Mai - 0:45

.... and 3 more! bounce As you can see on the last picture the aircraft carried 2 x 250 kg bombs in combat. Your comments are welcome. And before I forget .... the little ground plate is from mark58. Thanks Marc!

Happy modelling! cheers
Black Widow

Kates over Pearl IMG_0647
Kates over Pearl IMG_0648
Kates over Pearl IMG_0274
Mousse49

Mousse49

Masculin
Avions ou hélicos préférés ? : Tout ce qui vole et a volé
Aéro ou pinceau ? : Aéro + les poils

Kates over Pearl Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Kates over Pearl   Kates over Pearl Icon_minitimeDim 11 Mai - 1:51

Extra cheers
http://mousse49.skyrock.com
Xanathos

Xanathos

Avions ou hélicos préférés ? : Zéro, SeaFury, Huey
Aéro ou pinceau ? : Aéro

Kates over Pearl Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Kates over Pearl   Kates over Pearl Icon_minitimeDim 11 Mai - 11:30

Great models and nice pictures !
fred

fred

Aéro ou pinceau ? : les deux

Kates over Pearl Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Kates over Pearl   Kates over Pearl Icon_minitimeLun 12 Mai - 0:02

Superbe cheers Good cheers

A+fredo
Archiane

Archiane

Aéro ou pinceau ? : les 2

Kates over Pearl Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Kates over Pearl   Kates over Pearl Icon_minitimeLun 12 Mai - 0:51

Hi Blacky
Another nice model, and the pictures are top !
Can you tell us what painting reference Hasegawa give for the brown color ? It seems not correct on your Kate, too light and too "beige" in French (I did not find exact translation for this color). Japanese brown color is close to RAF brown.
You write "Zuikago" : is it the German translation for ZUIKAKU ?
Best regards, and so long.
alaf905

alaf905

Masculin
Avions ou hélicos préférés ? : A380, Rafale, Tigre
Aéro ou pinceau ? : Pinceau

Kates over Pearl Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Kates over Pearl   Kates over Pearl Icon_minitimeLun 12 Mai - 13:39

an extra little wonder you show us there!!
i have nothing to add to what has been already said, except that your high quality shots reflect the real beauty of your model, and the painting is good!
well, congratulations for this admirable assembly!

A+
Alex
Black Widow

Black Widow

Masculin

Kates over Pearl Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Kates over Pearl   Kates over Pearl Icon_minitimeLun 12 Mai - 22:08

Merci beaucoup, Thank you very much, Vielen Dank for your comments. Please don't make me blush! Embarassed

@Archiane
The brown colour is a little darker on the model than here on the photos. But you are right, it is a little too light because I thought that Revell No. 87 Couleur Terre would be darker. I was quite surprised in the first moment when I noticed my mistake. But now it is too late to change it and I like the aircraft anyway with this kind of "personal note". Wink Hasegawa gives the colour reference as "Earth No. 133" from Mr. Color with no aquivalent to Gunze Sangyo. We don't get Mr. Color here in Germany and on the other hand I don't use Gunze. And the Gunze colour card is also not really helpful because the printed colours are mostly darker than the real varnish. If I would build this aircraft again, I would use a darker brown. The only refernce I have is 2 b/w photos of the aircraft in Burindos book. I don't think there exist colour photos of "Kates" in combat in the internet, at least I didn't find one. The carriers name is "Zuikaku", I just made a mistake in writing.

@alaf905
There is nothing magical about my pictures. I use a Canon PowerShot SX 100 IS. The pictures are taken on the kitchen table with a photo wallpaper in the background and the sunny shining through the windows. I reduce the photos to 800 x 600 pixels before upload to Tigers Wings. The final coating on all my models (since I use airbrush) comes from "Satin Varnish 51 P" from Agama. But I work with airbrush only since May 2006, before that all my kits were painted with brush (pinceau in french?). Thanks for your compliments. Very Happy bounce

Au revoir
Black Widow
alaf905

alaf905

Masculin
Avions ou hélicos préférés ? : A380, Rafale, Tigre

Kates over Pearl Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Kates over Pearl   Kates over Pearl Icon_minitimeLun 12 Mai - 22:31

thanks a lot for your explanations Black Widow!
you have no reason to blush as your work is impressive!!
just be proud of you, really proud! Wink

A+
Alex
Black Widow

Black Widow

Masculin

Kates over Pearl Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Kates over Pearl   Kates over Pearl Icon_minitimeLun 12 Mai - 23:22

Because I named this thread "Kates over Pearl" and not "Kate over Pearl" there must be another one somewhere, right? Well, here it is! bounce

This is the ordinary Hasegawa 1/48 kit (JT76) which you still get at your local hobby shop today. I built it somewhere in 2004 and fancied the 2. version because it's more colourfull. The colours I used back then came from Humbrol and Revell Enamels. Don't ask me what colours I used. confused I'm getting older now and forgetful. Rolling Eyes I painted the whole aircraft with the good old brush (=pinceau?) and for the brown patches I used Microbrush Superfine. That was a lot of work! The picture were also made in 2004 with a different camera.

The original aircraft was based on the carrier "Soryu" and flew in the 1. attack wave. On the 2. photo you can see, that the aircraft carried only 1 x 800 kg bomb in combat, compared to the other model with 2 x 250 kg. Unfortunatly I have no photo of the underside of the wings but it is silver instead of IJN Grey. Hasegawa gives the pilots name as Warrant Officer Sato Haruo.

Well, I hope you like my little walk around. cheers
Black Widow

Kates over Pearl PICT2768
Kates over Pearl PICT2772
Kates over Pearl PICT2777
Kates over Pearl PICT2778
Black Widow

Black Widow

Masculin

Kates over Pearl Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Kates over Pearl   Kates over Pearl Icon_minitimeLun 12 Mai - 23:27

.... and the last 4 ....
Oh, before I forget, there are still 2 more "Kates" waiting in the box to be build one day .... bounce

Kates over Pearl PICT2780
Kates over Pearl PICT2783
Kates over Pearl PICT2786
Kates over Pearl PICT2787
Mousse49

Mousse49

Masculin
Avions ou hélicos préférés ? : Tout ce qui vole et a volé
Aéro ou pinceau ? : Aéro + les poils

Kates over Pearl Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Kates over Pearl   Kates over Pearl Icon_minitimeMar 13 Mai - 1:41

your kate it's beautyful cheers
http://mousse49.skyrock.com
Kurogane

Kurogane

Kates over Pearl Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Kates over Pearl   Kates over Pearl Icon_minitimeMar 13 Mai - 14:35

Nice technic with brushes and original colours !!
Congretulations for your models !!
Archiane

Archiane

Aéro ou pinceau ? : les 2

Kates over Pearl Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Kates over Pearl   Kates over Pearl Icon_minitimeMar 13 Mai - 22:48

Black Widow a écrit:
I don't think there exist colour photos of "Kates" in combat in the internet, at least I didn't find oneBlack Widow

Yes, of course, and certainly no more for any other japanese planes. But if you get the Osprey Imperial Japanese Navy Aces 1937-1945, you can see two A5M2a profils with the correct japanese brown color. And Henry Sakaida, which supervised the book, is thrustworthy.

For BI-318, I acknowledge that it does not be easy to paint a mottled camouflage with brush. So felicitations.
Xanathos

Xanathos

Avions ou hélicos préférés ? : Zéro, SeaFury, Huey
Aéro ou pinceau ? : Aéro

Kates over Pearl Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Kates over Pearl   Kates over Pearl Icon_minitimeMer 14 Mai - 10:56

Your second Kate is... Wouhaouuuuuuuuu !
galm01

galm01

Avions ou hélicos préférés ? : F16BLOCK52 / F22 / ..H60 ..HAWK
Aéro ou pinceau ? : piceau

Kates over Pearl Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Kates over Pearl   Kates over Pearl Icon_minitimeMer 14 Mai - 18:26

It' s very nice!!!

Congratulations

A+
galm
Black Widow

Black Widow

Masculin

Kates over Pearl Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Kates over Pearl   Kates over Pearl Icon_minitimeVen 16 Mai - 23:13

Thank you again for your comments! Smile If someone of you happen to be in Nuremberg at the "German Model Masters" next weekend (24./25.05.), you can see one of my Katies live there. bounce

@Archiane
Thanks for the hint. I have that book and now that you told me, I had a closer look. I didn't think of looking into the "Aces" book, because I was building a bomber. Well, better luck next time ....

Black Widow
Contenu sponsorisé

Kates over Pearl Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Kates over Pearl   Kates over Pearl Icon_minitime

Kates over Pearl
Page 1 sur 1